Schedule for Dancing Events
8:00 am: Registration (Primary, Beginner, Novice and Intermediate)
8:30 am: Competition starts with Fling for Beginner, Novice, Intermediate and Primary dancers.
11:30 am: Awards for Primary, Beginner, Novice and Intermediate
12:00 nn: Registration for Premier dancers
12:30 pm: Opening Ceremonies
1:30 pm: Premier Dancers starting with the Lilt
- All dancing events will be governed by the rules and regulations of the S.O.B.H.D. Judges’ decisions are final.
- Age as of July 31st, 2016. Proof of age must be shown on demand.
- Protests must be made in writing, signed and accompanied by a $35.00 non-refundable fee.
- Dancers must remain in costume to receive awards.
- Numbers will not be mailed out but may be picked up at the dancing platform. Dancers must present their S.O.B.H.D. reg. cards at this time.
- The committee reserves the right to combine, split or delete classes as necessary.
- Entry Deadline: July 15, 2016. Competition limited to the first 125 dancers to enter. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ON THE GROUNDS.
- First to enter, last to dance
- Late entry fee of $15.00 for entries postmarked after July 15 2016.
Names of those entrants received after this date will not appear in the program.
- Entries to be submitted online ONLY – no phone or mail in entries. There are no refunds on entry fees. Please advise immediately of any change in dancer’s status.
¨ Medals will be awarded to all Pre-Premier age groups and Premier 15 and under age group
¨ Cash awards for two most senior Premier age groups (16 & over):
1st – $70, 2nd – $60, 3rd – $50, 4th – $40, 5th – $30, 6th – $20
1st – $65, 2nd – $55, 3rd – $45, 4th – $35, 5th – $25, $6th – $15
Aggregate trophy in each age group except Primary.
The “Don and Isabel Bremner Dancer of the Day” trophy will be awarded to the top Premier dancer. Dance Off in case of a tie (4 step Fling).
For more information about the dancing competition, please contact Debbie Johnstone.